Infrabel press service
The Infrabel spokespeople can be contacted by journalists 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to answer any questions regarding Infrabel news and activities.
When should you contact us?
- In the event of disruption and delays of rail traffic on the network.
- In the event of an accident: derailment, collision, person or object struck by a train on the track or at a level crossing.
- In the event of an incident: signalling problems, damage to rail or overhead catenary, electrical power cut or unwarranted closing of a level crossing.
- Regarding works being carried out on the railway: infrastructure work, temporary closure of a line or removal/modification of level crossings.
- For any questions regarding the management of traffic and railway safety.
- In the event of questions regarding offences and/or incivilities committed in the railway sector, such as cable theft or malicious behaviour.
- For any information regarding the company itself: its finances, employees, etc.
- In the event of any doubt regarding the remits of the various companies in the railway sector.
Unfortunately all our press releases are either in French or Dutch.
Who is Infrabel?
Created in 2005 following the split of the unitary railway company SNCB, Infrabel is the company responsible for managing the Belgian rail network and its traffic.
Infrabel focuses its efforts on:
- managing traffic including passengers and freight;
- improving railway capacity by designing and building new infrastructure;
- maintaining and modernising railway infrastructure;
- setting prices, billing and collecting payments for the use of this infrastructure by railway undertakings operating on the Belgian network.
Railway undertakings are solely responsible for issuing communications regarding their employees, for example in the event of an assault or social action.